GREAT INSPIRATION FOR YOUR BUCKET LIST
Just imagine this: you’re in a luxury car with your lover, surrounded by high mountains, blue rivers, coast lines, winding roads, beautiful landscapes, green forests, golden fields. What can be more romantic than this?
There are probably millions of the roads in the world which passes through incredible landscapes, but there are just some of them that are truly amazing and are incredibly constructed. Instead of simply being a part of the journey, these roads are so awe-inspiring that they have become destinations unto themselves.
Maybe you’re ready for a nice drive, but you don’t know where to go. This post is dedicated for all roads lovers and should provide great inspiration and bucket list fodder for those planning an upcoming trip. Let’s hit the road!
1. TRANSFAGARASAN HIGHWAY IN ROMANIA – ‘THE BEST ROAD IN THE WORLD’ TOP GEAR
It is a very special road going between the mountains and with an excellent scene view all the way to the top.
More than 150 kilometres in length the Transfagarasan Highway is Romania’s most spectacular and best known road. Fully open only from June to October, the road’s highest point is at 2042 metres: the tunnel which links the northern and southern sides at Lake Balea
Copyright: Horia Bogdan / shutterstock
2. TRANSALPINA, THE KING’S ROAD – A HIDDEN GEM IN CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS
Transalpina road (DN67C) is the highest road in Romania. With a total lenght of 146 km, it goes trough the Carpathian Mountains, reaching a maximum altitude of 2,145m above sea level in Step Urdele Parang Mountains. Located in the Parâng Mountains group, in the Southern Carpathians of Romania, it’s one of the most spectacular roads of the Carpathian Mountains. The road links Novaci, south of Parang Mountains and Sebes in the north.
The road was built under King Carol II. That’s the reason why Romanian locals in the area call it The King’s Road.
The road has its highest point at the Urdele Pass, where the elevation is 2,145m above sea level.
3.GUOLIANG TUNNEL ROAD, CHINA（中国郭亮隧道）
Guoliang Tunnel is one of the most famous tunnels in the world. It’s 1.2 kilometres (0.75 mi) long, 5 metres (16 ft) tall and 4 metres (13 ft) wide, located high in the Taihang Mountains of the Henan Province, China.
The tunnel links the village of Guoliang to the outside through the Taihang Mountains which are situated in the Huixian, Xinxiang, Henan Province of China.
Before 1972, access to the nearby Guoliang village was limited to a very difficult path carved into the mountainside. The village was nestled in a valley surrounded by towering mountains. It was basically cut off from civilization. In 1972, a group of desperate villagers decided to take matters into their own hands – they would carve a road right into the side of the mountain by themselves.
It took five years to complete, and a few villagers died, in accidents, during the construction.
Copyright: 52691989 / via shutterstock
4. FAMOUS ATLANTIC ROAD, NORWAY (ATLANTERHAVSVEGEN)
Copyright: Ivan Tsvetkov / via shutterstock
5. ROAD TO MOUNT FITZ ROY. LOS GLACIARES NATIONAL PARK, PATAGONIA, ARGENTINA
Copyright: Pichugin Dmitry / via shutterstock
6. TROLLSTIGEN – FAMOUS ROAD IN NORWEGIAN MOUNTAINS
Copyright: Petroos / via shutterstock
7. THE ROAD TO THE CANADIAN ROCKIES, KOOTENAY NATIONAL PARK
Copyright: Yuguesh Fagoonee / via shutterstock
8. FITZ ROY STRAIGHT AHEAD !
The main highway leading to Los Glacieres National Park in Argentina; part of the Patagonia area encompassing both Chile and Argentina…the Andes in this region are spectacular.
Copyright: elxeneize / via shutterstock
9. THE FAMOUS CHAPMAN’S PEAK NEAR HOUT BAY CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA.
Copyright: Matej Hudovernik / via shutterstock
10. MOUNTAIN ROAD IN SWISS ALPS VALLEY, FURKA PASS, SWITZERLAND
Copyright: gevision / via shutterstock
11. CINEMATIC ROAD TO MOUNT COOK , NEW ZEALAND
Copyright: Curioso / via shutterstock
12. SCENIC VALLEY OF FIRE, NEVADA
Copyright: corrcullen / via shutterstock
13. THE FAMOUS TIZI N’TICHKA PASS IN MOROCCO.
Copyright: Cornfield / via shutterstock
14. ICY WINTER ROAD, ICEFIELDS PARKWAY, BANFF AND JASPER NATIONAL PARKS ALBERTA CANADA
Copyright: BGSmith / via shutterstock
15. KARAKORUM HIGHWAY. AUTUMN SEASON IN NORTHERN PAKISTAN.
Copyright: naihei / via shutterstock
16. CINEMATIC ROAD PASSO DELLO STELVIO, ITALIA
Copyright: Lukasz Janyst / via shutterstock
17. PASSO DELLO STELVIO ROAD IN ITALIAN ALPS
Copyright: Lukasz Janyst / via shutterstock
18. SCENIC VIEW OF THE SWITCHBACKS OF THE GRIMSEL PASS, SWITZERLAND
Copyright: Eder / via shutterstock
19. FAMOUS HIGHWAY INTO MONUMENT VALLEY, UTAH, USA.
Copyright: Johnny Adolphson / via shutterstock
20. SCENIC ROAD IN SOUTHERN MORAVIA, CZECH REPUBLIC
Copyright: JMicic / via shutterstock
21. COUNTRYSIDE ROAD IN TUSCANY, ITALY
Copyright: ER_09 / via shutterstock
22. MAGNIFICENT AMERICAN ROAD
Copyright: kavram / via shutterstock
23. WINDING MAGNIFICENT ROAD IN MOUNTAINS OF GRAN CANARIA IN CANARY ISLANDS
Copyright: maigi / via shutterstock