What is Detox Tea?
People make teas from a variety of natural ingredients in order to detoxify the liver and help flush out toxins and reset their system. That way, their liver can function better and restore balance to the body.
Why Drink Homemade Detox Tea?
1. It lowers inflammation in the body. For even better reduction of inflammation, include cucumber, watermelon, ginger, or strawberries in your homemade detox tea experiments.
2. It cleanses the liver and helps eliminate toxins from your body, such as pollution from the environment, or heavy metals from water.
3. Detox tea boosts weight loss by ramping up your metabolism and giving you extra energy, which may help you to stay more active. To aid in this goal even more, include some grapefruit or grapefruit essential oil in your detox tea, which reduces hunger cravings and raises the metabolism.
4. It can improve your skin health. As your liver is detoxified and cleared, it is able to flush toxins from your body, improving most skin issues.
5. Detox tea can help increase mental clarity, alertness, and energy. Adding rosemary, lemon and mint (either fresh ingredients or the essential oils) will boost these effects even more.
Popular Ingredients in Detox Tea
In addition to the ingredients mentioned above, some popular detox tea ingredients are:
Raspberries—they contain ketones, which help you lose weight, reduce fat around the liver, and promote healthy skin
Turmeric—reduces depression, lessens joint pain, balances blood sugar, and supports healthy liver tissue
Dandelion Greens—promote urine production, helps in digestion, improves the flow of bile, and reduces inflammation
Apple Cider Vinegar—reduces inflammation, improves metabolism, aids digestion, and naturally balances your body’s pH
Milk Thistle—incredibly detoxifying, helps eliminate toxins like prescription medications and heavy metals
While you are learning and experimenting with your own detox tea recipes, here is one to get you started:
Cranberry Spice Detox Tea Recipe