Bright Side collected 7 reasons to drink kombucha daily.
How to prepare the kombucha beverage?
To make it yourself, you need:
- 1 tea fungus aka kombucha (it can be bought on the internet, or you can ask a friend who makes kombucha at home to share with you);
- 3-4 l of clean water;
- 5-6 bags of organic black tea or 3 tbsp of loose leaf tea;
- 1 cup of unrefined cane or coconut sugar;
- 1 large glass jar (sterilized);
- gauze and paper band.
- Boil the water.
- Brew tea for 7 minutes.
- Then take out the sachets and add sugar to the water.
- Stir the sugar until its completely dissolved and allow the water to cool.
- Pour the cooled water into a large sterilized jar.
- With clean hands, gently place the tea fungus inside.
- Cover with gauze and tighten the neck of the can with a rubber band.
- In a week, you will be able to drink the first cool glass of fine kombucha.
- When it’s ready, you can add some strawberry, ginger, basil, or lemon.
7. Kombucha boosts your energy!
Kombucha replenishes the lack of energy in the body and alleviates symptoms of anemia like lethargy, drowsiness, and weakness. It also contains a small dose of caffeine and B vitamins that help boost energy levels. Thanks to all the vitamins and minerals in the composition, kombucha improves the condition of those who regularly face physical and psychological stress, feel exhausted, or experience weakness.
6. Kombucha protects your joints.
The most famous useful feature of kombucha is fast and effective help for those who suffer from joint diseases. Kombucha contains glucosamine in the most accessible form to our body, in comparison with most drugs. This compound stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, which allows the connective tissue to absorb moisture and maintain its structure and hydration. Thus, the use of this drink not only provides flexibility to the body but also prevents the premature formation of wrinkles.
5. Kombucha kills bacteria.
Kombucha suppresses the growth and development of pathogenic microflora due to its low acidity. Acetic acid and catechins in it kill most known pathogens, even salmonella and E. coli.
If you suffer from a yeast infection, kombucha can help. Thanks to research conducted at Cornell University, it was found that kombucha is effective in treating this infection, as well as a bacterial infection that usually causes a duodenal ulcer.
4. Kombucha has an antioxidant effect.
Polyphenols and ascorbic acid in tea are famous for their antioxidant properties. During the preparation of kombucha, the activity of these components significantly increases due to the structural modification of these molecules by enzymes.
Simply put, kombucha makes these complex chemical compounds more accessible to our body.
The antioxidant effect of kombucha is directly related to other beneficial properties of it, such as protection from cancer, increased immunity, inflammation relief, and the easing of symptoms of arthritis and gout.
3. Kombucha speeds up your metabolism.
Kombucha acts similarly to many known probiotics, such as kefir or yogurt, and it helps restore the microflora of the digestive tract and promotes the treatment of dysbacteriosis. Bacteria involved in kombucha fermentation form an environment that prevents the development of pathogens and creates a number of useful enzymes.
As a result, kombucha significantly speeds up the metabolism and helps you control your appetite in between meals. So it’s recommended when struggling with constipation or if you want to lose weight.
2. Kombucha is useful for your liver.
The liver plays an important role in the cleansing process. The antioxidant properties of kombucha, as well as its detoxification effects, determine its ability to protect the liver from diseases that are caused by toxins and oxidative processes in our body.
A number of studies have demonstrated the ability of this beverage to prevent physiological changes occurring in the liver during the intake of poisonous substances, including drugs or alcohol.
1. Kombucha improves the condition of your skin.
Kombucha has a magical effect on facial skin. It makes the skin clean, fresh, and gives it a gentle pink color. This is due to the fact that kombucha improves blood circulation, smoothes, and tones the skin.
You can drink it or put it on your skin. The best cleansing method is to use kombucha diluted with mineral water in a 1:1 ratio. Use kombucha no older than one week if you have dry skin. If you have oily skin, use kombucha that is one month old.